The Efi Removal is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
The Efi Removal provide a range of “Services” not limited to; Moving, Destination Services, Storage, Relocation and/or Assignment. To properly provide our Services, it will be necessary to obtain some Personal information such as your Name/s, Contact Details and other details that identify you and your family.
Individuals: If you are engaging the Efi Removal to provide services for you, then your relevant data controller is likely to be that particular Efi Removal branch which is providing those services to you. A full, up-to-date list of our companies can be found out at www.efiremoval .co.za
If you have any questions regarding the above, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Information we collect from you
We may collect personal information (including personally identifiable information or sensitive personal data) about you and/or your family (“Your Data”) in the following ways:
- Information you give us. This is information that you and/or your family give us by filling in forms on our websites or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes when you use our websites or inquire about, or use, any of our moving, relocation and/or assignment services (the “Services”). The information may include your and /or your family’s name, address, e-mail address, phone number or other contact details, marital status, date of birth, occupation, role/title/area of responsibilities, financial and credit card information, personal description/preferences and photograph and other sensitive information (including as required by laws and regulations addressing insurance and related matters or as required to provide the Services).
- You are not required to supply any of the information that we may request, although this might limit the “Services” we are able to offer you. While we make every effort to ensure that Your Data is accurate, complete and up to date, you can help us considerably in this by promptly notifying us if there are any changes to your data.
- Information we collect about you. We collect information about you to provide “Services” that you may have registered an interest in. We, our service providers and other business partners collect certain information by using automated means, such as cookies, when you interact with our advertisements, mobile applications, or visit our website pages. This information may include your IP address, browser type, operating system, the full URLs, referring URLs and information on actions taken or interaction with our digital assets.
We, our service providers and our business partners may also collect information about your activities on our websites and other digital assets for use in providing you with content and advertising tailored to your individual interests. The information collected for these purposes may include details about things like the particular pages or advertisements you view on our websites and the actions you take on our websites and or other digital assets.
- Information we may receive from other sources. We are working closely with third parties (including, for example, your employer, business partners and technical sub-contractors, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies, financial institutions, criminal check services, government enforcement bodies) and may receive information about you from them.
How will we use your information?
We may use Your Data in the following ways:
- to provide you and/or your family with the Services (as applicable)
- to administer, operate, facilitate and manage your and/or your family’s relationship and/or account with us, and to otherwise, including contacting you or, if applicable, your designated representative(s) by post, telephone, email etc.;
- to notify you about changes to the Services;
- to operate, evaluate and improve our business (including developing new products and services, troubleshooting, data analysis, testing and research and statistical and survey purposes); managing our communications; determining the effectiveness of and optimizing our advertising; analyzing our products, services, websites, mobile applications and any other digital assets; facilitating the functionality of our websites, mobile applications and any other digital assets; to ensure the content of our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer; and performing accounting, auditing, billing, reconciliation and collection activities);
- as may be required by applicable laws and regulations or requested by any relevant judicial process or governmental agency;
- to comply with industry standards and our policies.
We may also use your information for Marketing purposes subject to below:
- where you have provided your consent, to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information (such as relocation research), recommendations or advice concerning our offers, promotions, products and services, including those products and services which you request from us. If you are an existing customer (and save for where this is permitted under Applicable Data Protection Laws or where you have provided your consent to further marketing) we will only contact, you with information about goods and services similar, to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiation of a sale to you. If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact only if you have consented to this, save for where this is otherwise permitted under Applicable Data Protection Laws. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, then you may send a request for us to opt out, by Contacting us at any time. (please see the How to Contact Us section below);
Disclosure of Your Data
We may share Your Data with:
- Selected third parties including:
- business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of the Services (as applicable)
- credit reference agencies for assessing your credit score where this is a condition of us providing the Services to you and/or your family and where authorized under Applicable Data Protection Law and your employer, external medical bodies, disclosure and criminal check services, police forces and courts and relevant immigration authorities for the purposes of preparing and processing your visa application
We may also disclose Your Data to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose Your Data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share Your Data to comply with any legal obligation, or to enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of our group, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and risk reduction.
Data retention and transfer of data to third countries
The Efi Removal Group provides Services worldwide and to perform these Services it may be necessary to transfer personal information to other countries. The personal information that we collect from you may be transferred: it may also be processed by business partners or sub-contractors who are engaged in, among other things, providing you and/or your family with the Services, the processing of your personal details and the provision of support services. Assurances of adequate protection to Personal data are obtained whether it be by vendor contracts, Data Processing Agreements, Privacy Shield, or Model Contracts.
The security of Your Data is important to us. We are committed to protecting the information we collect. We maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect the personal information you provide, or we collect against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use.
We store Your Personal Data only for as long as it is necessary to fulfil the purpose for which it was collected, unless otherwise required or authorized by Applicable Data Protection Law. We take measures to destroy or permanently de-identify Your Data if required by law or if Your Data is no longer required for the purpose for which we collected it.
In some instances, the Efi Removal Group are required to retain personal information in accordance with the law such as Tax and Audit purposes and may therefore be retained for an additional period.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our websites or other digital assets, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect Your Data, we cannot guarantee the security of Your Data transmitted to our websites or other digital assets that are in the Public domain; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access in accordance with industry standards.
Your rights as a Data Subject
Under Applicable Data Protection Law, country dependent, you have certain rights regarding the personal information we maintain about you. We also offer you certain choices about what personal information we collect from you, how we use that information, and how we communicate with you.
You can choose not to provide personal information to us. You also may refrain from submitting information directly to us. However, if you do not provide Your Data when requested, you and/or your family may not be able to benefit from the Services, and we may not be able to provide you with information about our products, services and promotions.
To the extent provided by applicable law, you may withdraw any consent you previously provided to us, or object at any time on legitimate grounds, to the processing of Your Data. We will apply your preferences going forward. In some circumstances, withdrawing your consent to our use or disclosure of Your Data will mean that you cannot take advantage of certain Services.
Subject to Applicable Data Protection Law, you may have the right to: obtain confirmation that we hold personal information about you, request access to and receive information about the personal information we maintain about you, receive copies of the personal information we maintain about you ( paper or electronic means for portability ), update and correct inaccuracies in your personal information, object to the automated processing of your personal information including profiling, and have the information blocked, restricted, anonymized or deleted, as appropriate. The right to access personal information may be limited in some circumstances by local law requirements. To exercise these rights, please contact email@example.com
You have the right to ask us not to process Your Data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting Your Data) if we intend to use Your Data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose Your Data to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by advising us before we collect Your Data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Our website or other digital assets may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
If you provide us with any information or material relating to another individual, you should make sure that the sharing with us and our further use as described to you from time to time is in line with applicable laws, so for example you should duly inform that individual on the processing of their personal data and obtain their consent, as may be necessary under Applicable Data Protection Laws.
Data Security and Integrity
The security, integrity and confidentiality of your information is very important to us. We have implemented controls to protect data from unauthorized access, modification, disclosure and misuse. Please bear in mind that despite our best efforts to safe guard your data, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable.
The quotation is provided FREE of charge and you are under NO OBLIGATION to accept. The removal quotation issued by Efi Removal is a fixed price,( inclusive of 14% vat) based on the fact that the information provided is accurate. Efi Removal may change the quoted price for the removal or make additional charges if any of the following have not been taken into account when preparing the quotation or, if separately confirmed by Efi Removal in writing:-
- You do not accept the quotation within 30 days, providing at the time of acceptance a firm removal date which Efi Removal agrees in writing.
- By reason of your delay, the removal is not carried out or completed within three months of the date of acceptance of the quote.
- Efi Removal’ costs increase because of currency fluctuations, changes in taxation, freight charges, and diesel/fuel prices beyond our control.
- The work is carried out on a Saturday.
- Efi Removal supply any additional services not included or requested to be included in the quotation, including moving storing packing or wrapping of extra goods (these conditions will apply to such work in any event).
- The stairs, lifts or doorways at the property are inadequate for free movement of the goods without the need for mechanical equipment or structural alteration, or the approach, road or drive to the property is unsuitable for Efi Removal vehicles and /or containers to get to and load and/or unload within 50 metres of the doorway, and as a result Little Loads have to carry out extra work not included within the quotation.
- Any parking or other fees or charges that have to be paid by Efi Removal in order to carry out the removal services on your behalf.
- There are delays or events outside Efi Removal’ reasonable control.
- Items to be lifted/carried/loaded/moved require more than 4 men.
- If the distance from your front door to where our vehicle can park exceeds 50 meters
3. Work not included in the quotation
Unless agreed by Efi Removal, in writing, they will not, as part of the quoted removal services
(a) Dismantle or assemble unit or system furniture, fitments or fittings.
(b) Disconnect or reconnect appliances, fixtures, fittings or equipment.
(c) Take up or lay fitted floor coverings.
(d) Move storage heaters, unless they are dismantled.
(e) Move items from a loft or cellar, unless properly lit, and floored and safe access is provided.
(f) Move or store any items excluded under clause 4 of these conditions.
(g) Wrapping your items in your own plastic/covers
(h) Packing of personal items into your own boxes
Efi Removal staff will not be authorized or qualified to carry out such work. It is recommended that a properly qualified person is separately employed by you to carry out these services.Efi Removal does not take any responsibility for work not included in the quotation.
4. Your Responsibility
It will be your sole responsibility to:
(a) Declare to Efi Removal the value of the goods being removed and/or stored.
(b) Arrange adequate insurance cover for the goods submitted for removal, and/or storage, against all insurable risks.
(c) Obtain at your own expense, all documents, permits, licenses, and/or customs documents necessary for the removal to be completed.
(d) Be present or represented throughout the removal
(e) Take all reasonable steps to ensure that nothing that should be removed is left behind and nothing is taken away in error.
(f) Arrange proper protection for goods left in unoccupied or unattended premises, or where other people such as (but not limited to) tenants or workman are, or will be present.
(g) Prepare and properly stabilize all appliances or electronic equipment prior to the removal.
(h) Empty, properly defrost and clean refrigerators and deep freezers.Efi Removal are not responsible for the contents of this equipment.
(i) Provide Efi Removal with a contact address for correspondence during removal, and/or storage of goods.
(j) All owner packed boxes must be sealed and ready for loading prior to our trucks arrival
(k) Secure all your valuables such as wallets, cell phones, money, jewellery, handbags, lap tops fire arms etc, (These items will not be transported by Efi Removal. – if done so, this will be solely at your own risk
(l) Compile your inventory list and service specifications correctly as the quotation is based on this information
(m)Insure that all items are loaded and off loaded and not taken away or forgotten by error
*Efi Removal will not be liable for any loss or damage, costs or additional charges that may arise from any of these matters.*
5. Goods not to be submitted for removal or storage
The following items are specifically excluded from this contract unless otherwise agreed as below.
(a) Jewellery, watches, trinkets, precious stone or metals, money, deeds, securities, stamps, coins, or goods or collections of any similar kind.
(b) Prohibited or stolen goods, drugs, potentially dangerous, damaging r explosive items, including gas bottles, aerosols, paints, firearms and ammunition.
(c) Plants or goods likely to encourage vermin or other pests and/or goods likely to cause infestation
(d) Refrigerated or frozen food, drink, products or goods.
(e) Any animals and their cages or tanks including pets, birds or fish.
(f) Goods which require a special licence or government permission for export, import or translocation.
Such goods will not be removed by Efi Removal except with their prior written agreement. In the event that they do remove such goods, Efi Removal will not accept liability for loss or damage wholly or mainly attributable to the special nature of the goods concerned. If you submit such goods without the prior knowledge and written agreement to Efi Removal, they will not be liable for any loss or damage and you will indemnify Efi Removal against any charges, expenses, damages or penalties claimed against them. In addition Efi Removal shall be entitled to dispose of (without notice) any such goods that are listed under clause 4.
6.Ownership of the goods
By entering into this contract, you declare that:
(a) The goods to be removed and/or stored are your own property, or
(b) The person(s) who own or have an interest in them, have given you authority to make this contract, and have been made aware of these conditions.
You will meet any claim for damages and/or costs against Little Loads if these declarations are not true.
6. Charges if you postpone or cancel the removal
If you postpone or cancel this contract, Efi Removal may charge according to how much notice is given.Notification must be in writing by recorded delivery or electronic medium that can provide proof of time and date stamp.
(a) More than 14 working days before the removal was due to start: NIL payable
(b) Less than 14 working days before the removal was due to start: 50% of the full removal charge.
(c) Less than 7 working days, 100% of the full removal charge.
Note: the start of the removal is viewed as the first day that the removal crew are due to be present at the pick-up address.
7. Paying for the Removal
Unless otherwise agreed by Efi Removal in writing:
(a) Payment is required:
A 50% deposit will be required to book and secure the move; the outstanding balance will be due on the day of the move. Payment can be effective using the following methods:
1. By Electronic Transfer
(b) You may not hold any part of the agreed price for any reason whatsoever, unless agreed to in writing by Efi Removal
8. Our Liability for loss or damages
Reference to an item is reference to any one article, suite, pair, set, complete case, carton, package or other container
Efi Removal liability for loss or damage is limited. This is set out in clause 8 (a) (1) below.
(a) Liability for loss or damage
1. In the event of Efi Removal losing or damaging your goods, if they are liable, Efi Removal will pay you up to a maximum of R200 for the item which is lost or damaged, to cover the cost of repairing or replacing that item
2. Efi Removal in their sole discretion may choose to repair or replace the damaged item. If an item is repaired Little Loads will not be liable for depreciation of value.
(b) Other than by reason of Efi Removal’ negligence, they will not be liable for any loss, damage or failure to produce or deliver the goods if this is caused by one or other of the circumstances set out in the following:
i. By fire howsoever caused.
ii. By war, invasion, acts of foreign enemies, hostilities(whether war is declared or not), civil war, terrorism, rebellion and /or military coup, Act of God, industrial action or other such events outside Efi Removal reasonable control.
iii. By normal wear and tear, natural or gradual deterioration, leakage or evaporation or from perishable or unstable goods. This includes theft within furniture or appliances.
iv. By moth or vermin or similar infestation.
v. By cleaning, repairing or restoring unless Efi Removal did the work.
vi. To any goods in wardrobes, drawers or appliances, or in a package, bundle, case or other container not packed by Efi Removal.
vii. For electrical or mechanical derangement to any appliance, instrument or equipment
viii. To jewellery, watches, trinkets, precious stones or metals, money, deeds, securities stamps, coins or goods or collections of a similar kind, howsoever caused.
ix. To any goods which have relevant proven defect or are inherently defective.
x. To animals and their cages or tanks including pets, birds or fish.
xi. To plants and pots in which they are housed/contained
xii. To refrigerated or frozen food, drink, products or goods.
(c) Efi Removal will not be liable for damages or costs resulting indirectly from, or as a consequence of loss, damage, or failure to produce the goods
(d) No employee of Little Loads shall be separately liable to you for any loss, damage, mis-delivery, errors or omissions under the terms of this contract.
9. Extra conditions that apply to imports/exports
For goods destined to or received from, a place outside the Republic of South Africa.
(a) Efi Removal will only accept liability for loss or damage to goods when they are in our actual possession, and if it can be proven that we were negligent. In such circumstances, Efi Removal will accept liability as in condition8 (a)(i) or 8(b) above. Little Loads is not liable for any loss, damage or failure to produce the goods if it is caused by those circumstances set out in condition 8(c) above.
(b) Where Efi Removal engages an international transport operator, shipping company or airline to convey your goods to the place, port or airport of destination, they do so on behalf and subject to the terms and conditions set out by the carrier. By agreeing to these terms you confirm their availability to appoint such party on your behalf.
(c) If the carrying vessel/conveyance, should for reasons beyond the carrier’s control, fail to deliver the goods, or route them to a place other than the original destination, you may have limited recourse against the carrier, and may be liable for General Average contribution (e.g. the costs incurred to preserve the vessel/conveyance and cargo) and salvage charges (e.g. charges payable to a person who saves those goods), or the additional cost of onward transmission to the place, port ,or airport of destination. These are insurable risks and if appropriate it is your responsibility to arrange adequate marine/transit insurance cover. These risks will not be insured by Efi Removal.
(d) Little Loads cannot be held responsible for additional costs accrued to /by you, for delayed delivery, for whatsoever reason.
Transit insurance is offered on your quotation, and is highly recommended.
(a) Cover excludes breakages of all fragile articles, which include, but are not limited to, mirrors, pictures, crockery, china, etc., unless professionally packed.
(b) Cover excludes Antiques and Artworks unless they have been valued beforehand and approved by the insurance company.
(c) Cover excludes mechanical and electrical derangement.
(d) The maximum liability for the loss of any one item not professionally packed, is limited.
(e) The maximum liability for the loss of any one box, carton, crate, trunk, suitcase, or similar item, not professionally packed, is limited.
(f) Cover excludes loss or destruction of Money, Medals, Jewellery, Watches, Precious Stones and the like, Precious Metal and Bullion.
(g) You are advised to insure items for their full value. In the event of under insurance, “Average” will apply.
(h) The period of cover, notwithstanding the 7 day period allowed for submission of a claim, expires on final delivery.
(i) The insurance Company may at his own option repair, reinstate or replace any property loss or damage or may pay the amount of the loss or damage.
(j) The company’s liability (or the carrier’s liability if liable) for any claim or claims is limited to the sum insured.
(k) Explosives, firearms, ammunition, livestock, plants and plant pots, water features, are excluded from the policy.
(l) On payment of the appropriate additional premium mechanical derangement cover is included provided these are genuine kitchen and household appliances (excluding electronic equipment of any kind) and provided that the appliances are prepared for transit in accordance with the manufacture’s recommendations. The onus rests with the Applicant to ensure this is done.
(m) Brokers: first Link Insurance Brokers
(n) Excess: 10% of claim (minimum ZAR2,500.00) to be paid by client if a claim is submitted.
(o) Efi Removal may at its discretion, choose to settle the claim without claiming through our insurance brokers/companies. The excess will remain the same.
(p) In the event of all, or any, of the premium not being paid prior to delivery/receipt of the goods, the insurance shall be null and void.
(q) Simplified claim procedure
i. A detailed list of items claimed for must be submitted to Little Loads within seven (7) days of delivery
ii. Written estimates covering the cost of repairs and/or replacement values must accompany the list
iii. Failure to comply with point (i) and (ii) above will render your claim null and void.
(r) Time Limit for claims
i. For goods which Efi Removal deliver, you must note any visible loss, damage or failure to produce any goods at the time of delivery.
ii. If you or your agent collects goods from our warehouse, you must note any loss or damage at the time the goods are handed to you, requesting that Efi Removal acknowledges and confirms your note
iii. Efi Removal will not be liable for any loss of or damage to the goods unless a claim is notified to Efi Removal in writing as soon as such loss or damage is discovered and in any event within seven (7) days of delivery of the goods by Efi Removal
11. Delays in transit
i. We will not be liable for delays in transit. This includes any additional expenses incurred by yourself for board and lodge or any other personal expenses.
ii. If through no fault of Little Loads we are unable to deliver your goods on the allocated day, Efi Removal will take them into store. The contract will then be fulfilled and any additional service(s), including storage and delivery, will be at your expense.
iii.If we are unable to complete the removal services on the stated delivery day and time due to delay on your part Efi Removal may be entitled to charge for additional charges, such as for extra waiting time.
12. Damage to premises or property other than goods
(n) Efi Removal will not be liable for any damage to premises or property other than goods submitted for removal and/or storage unless they have been negligent.
(ii) Efi Removal cause damage as a result of moving goods under your express instruction, against our Advice, and to move the goods in the manner instructed will inevitably cause damage, they shall not accept that they are negligent.
(iii) If Efi Removal are responsible for causing damage to your premises or to property other than goods. Submitted for removal and/or storage, you must note this on the worksheet or delivery receipt.
13. Right to hold the goods (lien)
Efi Removal shall have the right to withhold and/or ultimately dispose of some or all of the goods until you have paid all Efi Removal charges and any other payments due under this or any other contract. These include any charges that they have paid out on your behalf. Whilst Efi Removal holds the goods without payment you will be liable to pay all storage charges and other costs incurred as a result of them withholding your goods and these removal/storage terms and conditions shall continue to apply.
14. Sub-contracting the work
(i) Efi Removal reserves the right to sub-contract some or all of the work.
(ii) If Efi Removal sub-contract, then these conditions will still apply.
15. Route and Method
(i) Efi Removal have the full right to choose the route for delivery.
(ii) Unless it has been specifically agreed in writing on the Quotation, other space/volume/capacity on our vehicles and/or container may be utilised for consignments of other customers.
16. Conditions that apply to Storage
Storage refers to goods stored in our warehouse. We offer no insurance on goods in storage whatsoever. Should you require insurance for goods in storage, please make arrangements with the insurance company of your choice.
If you do not provide an address or respond to our correspondence or notices, we may publish such notices in a public newspaper in the area to or from which the goods were removed.
(i) Revision of storage charges
Efi Removal may review their storage charges periodically. You will be given twenty eight (28) days’ notice in writing of any increases.
(ii) Right to sell or dispose of goods.
On giving you twenty eight (28) days’ notice Efi Removal is entitled to require you to remove your goods from their custody and pay all money due to them. If you fail to pay all outstanding debts due to Efi Removal they are entitled to sell or dispose of some or all of the goods without further notice. The cost of the sale or disposal will be charged to you. The net proceeds will be credited to your account with the removal company and any eventual surplus after settlement of all money (and charges) due to Efi Removal will be paid to you (without interest).
If payments are up to date Efi Removal will not end this contract except by giving you three (3) calendar months’ notice in writing. If you wish to terminate your storage contract, you must give Efi Removal at least fourteen (14) days’ notice. If they can release the goods earlier, they will do so, provided that your account is paid up to date. Charges for storage are payable to the date when the notice should have taken effect.
(iv) Handling Fees
If you make your own arrangements to collect or deliver the goods from/to our warehouse we are entitled to charge a handling fee. Efi Removal liability will cease upon handing over the goods.
If you wish to access any of your goods whilst in our store we will require at least 1 weeks’ written notice. A list itemising the goods to be pulled will be required in order for us to arrange for this to be done. A handling fee of R450 will be charged. Please Note: We will not be able to assist during our month end (26th to 4th) as we have no staff available during this period.
Storage goods will only be released upon full payment received.
17. Efi Removal Reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions from time to time, without warning.